Thursday, December 13, 2007

Revisiting Summer


I took a break from painting Texas hill country this week to complete a farm scene from our time in the Mid West this past year. This piece was a fun one to work through. I took my time with it and really concentrated on capturing the intensity of the full daytime sunlight. I used a light cadmium lemon throughout to achieve this. I think there is a nice rhythm in the way the stream leads your eye back in harmony with the trees. The hardest factors here were keeping the red barn in the distance (because red of course tends to come forward) and properly representing the reflected light in the water which is in total shadow. The end results are one of my favorite pieces I have done in the past month or so.

This piece has been listed in my store on eBay if you would like to see more info and/or detail.


No comments: